Sunday, July 18, 2010

Chaos – The key to Stability

Consciously or not, we strive for only one thing in life. Stability. We may project stability in one way or the other. For some it’s a job, for some its relationships, for some it’s a home, for some it’s a fat bank balance. Everyone has a definition for stability and I bet it’s different in each case.

The big questions are – How and when. How do we get there and when will we get there. For anything to become stable, it must first have its chaos phase. It’s the rule of the jungle, so to say. There is no stability without chaos. It’s imperative. As I said, stability might mean something entirely different for you and for me. But chaos almost always means – sweat, hard work, disappointment, failures, roadblocks, hurdles. It’s almost always problems.

I tend to take refuge when ever faced with problems. I blame someone – from time to parents, all have been prey to this blame game. I always find a way to shield myself from the problem. Until I figured the need to taste the flavor of this chaos. Meet it. Look it in the eye and walk your way through it. The chaos will allow you to flip every stone around and give you a million perspectives. You will solve your chaos. But the moment one hides behind the shield of a blame that you created, you have lost sight of the chaos itself.

The key to achieving stability is to accept the chaos and moving forward. I am dealing with one such chaos in my life right now. I was scared to face it. Now I am staring it in the eye and I am walking through my chaos.

2 comments:

  1. Am interested to know what's going on with you?! :) Hope you are getting through the chaos! Anyways, just remember, at the end of the day, you do your best to get through difficult situations. Sometimes the outcome is not what you were aiming for. But this new outcome could possibly be a new road to venture through. I believe everything works out and it happens for a reason! :) Anna.

    ReplyDelete
  2. agree a hundred %. its not always the outcome that is important, its what we did to get there or should I say, where ever...

    ReplyDelete